Sunday, November 26, 2006

Back with the penguins

A previous failed attempt at re-partitioning on my laptop left me with a small and unused Linux partition. The main reason it remained unused was that I didn't want to have to spend a long time getting my wireless card working under the distribution I was using. However in the last couple of days I decided it was time to give it a go again, so I downloaded the most recent version of kubuntu aka "Edgy". After installing this yesterday I have had to spend a bit more time than I'd hoped setting up the wireless network - which basically required installing ndiswrapper and copying across the Windows drivers for my network card. Now it's all up and running though and I'm very happy with it. I think I'll be using this Linux partition a whole lot more - in fact this post comes courtesy of kubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment