Saturday, June 24, 2006

Where oh where can my drum kit be

So to allow me to practice my drumming for the band I've gone and bought myself an electric drum kit. This is not a cheap item, but it will allow me to bash away in silence (ooh err missus) without annoying my neighbours - I think a real drum kit might have been a problem for the guys in the flat beneath ours, especially as we've got laminate flooring. This kit was supposed to have been delivered yesterday and when I arrived home today (after my general dirty stopout behaviour of not going home on a Friday night - as ever thanks go to Bob and Fiona for their hospitality and living room floor) I was full of anticipation about putting together my kit. Unfortunately it was not hear. I'm not happy - think I'll be having to phone the delivery company on Monday. When the kit finally does arrive I'll let you all know what it's like. I'll need to be practicing "Radar Love" by the Dutch legends Golden Earring, which is one of the songs we decided on at our first practice.

Unsurprisingly I've still been watching lots of football. One of the most exciting games so far was the Australia versus Croatia the other day. I'd not liked to have been an actual Aussie or Croatian fan, because if I were I might have suffered a heart attack - it was tense enough as a neutral. And what the fuck was Graham Poll up to at the end there! Today's match between Argentina and Mexico was also rather good. In extra time the two substitutes Teves and Messi look particularly lively and were making some lovely runs - also it was a fucking sweet goal that Maxi Rodriguez hit. I was quite annoyed by a few things though, these related to the fact that three of the players in my fanstasy football team (Schweinsteiger, Cambiasso and Saviola) all got substituted and didn't get any goals, grrrrr!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:15 pm

    What!? I thought you'd had definite large boxes arriving? Nooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the delivery guy phoned me on Friday morning saying he was near the flat and he just wanted to check that someone was in. I told him that Steven should be in and gave him some more accurate directions. However, Steven says that noone buzzed our door, so I can only assume that the delivery guy got the wrong flat and found no one was in, or someone else in our block has collected it but hasn't told me. I'll find out all tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rather apathetic souding woman at the City Link depot says my drum kit will be redispatched again tomorrow. Not sure why they didn't try again today!

    ReplyDelete